Monday, January 4, 2010

Rocket Science



I have been blogging for about 3 months now. I'm not sure how I got started doing this or why but, I do enjoy it. It is similar to writing in a journal but it is so much easier, neater, and it is always nice to have the ability to go back and change mistakes or thoughts if once it is written it doesn't make sense or if it is not expressed the way I had intended.

I have on occasion gone back and looked at my previous handwritten journals and they are dingy, gloomy and actually in quite comical shape. As you age, the paper ages and crinkles and the scratches of ink by mistakes are embarrassing. I never journaled at the same time of the day either. However, I did journaled at night many times and by that time of day my handwriting was not legible.

I have seen journals where people not only write but, they draw or sketch for visual effects to add flavor to their writings. The sight of these creative journals are breathtaking but sometimes I ask "why go to the work when no one reads them?". Creative inspiration??? Maybe.

I would have really liked my journals to have looked like the one below. The penmanship is velvety smooth, and I'm most certain the writings are probably quite impressive as well.


There are a few red scratches, so we all do it, go back and read it and make changes.

My family made the comment the other day as to why I would want to share my thoughts on line for all to read. I simply responded that anyone who knows me well enough already knows my thoughts. I have already shared them with the ones that I care about and there is nothing to hide. And for those lucky ones, and I am just sure there are many out there reading my blog that don't know me, (just kidding) well then, they are getting to know me by my blog only. The purpose of this blog is to help me better understand me. My thoughts are just that, thoughts. Sometimes it is merely jibber jabber and other times I would like to think that I may actually have something spectacular to say for anyone who cares to read this blog, even myself.

I would like to think that I am unquestionably, outrageously intellectual, marvelous with words, exceptionally talented at getting my point to the reader and that I have ample words of fascination. That's a mouthful and for those that know me well enough, know that I do not carry on about my day like have been been possessed by creative adjectives.

Onward... my writings are not rocket science....they are just thoughts.....to get some of the conversations ongoing in my head down on paper. It helps me think, reflect, meditate, to come closer to God. When my children are asking me 100 questions I repeat His name, or when I am swimming I pray or when I am writing I am praying. It is all a form of prayer for me and maybe you. They are my thoughts that are just "out there."

A little story here and there in the ordinary life of me. A reflection or verse from the bible to share with all. God wants us to pass His word on. With that said.... Paul gives thanks to God as well as I..... and the Bible says....

"Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the merciful Father, the God from whom all help comes! He helps us in all our troubles, so that we are able to help others who have all kinds of troubles, using the same help that we ourselves have received from God. Just as we have a share in Christ's many sufferings, so also through Christ we share in God's great help. If we suffer, it is for your help and salvation; if we are helped, then you too are helped and given the strength to endure with patience the same sufferings that we also endure. So our hope in you is never shaken; we know that just as you share in our sufferings, you also share in the help we receive. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

The words of wisdom that Paul is trying to express is not rocket science either....!

No comments: