Friday, January 15, 2010

I lift my hands to you

My prayer for those in Haiti.....

I lift my hands to you this day,
My heart is heavy, not sure what to say.
It is absolute tragedy and madness,
So many are the tears of sadness

.
Children crying, people dying,
I take a breath and I am sighing.
What are we to do this day?
Will you answer while I pray?


Storms, hurricanes, and earthquakes,
I Can not sleep, I lie awake.
I want to hold the little ones,
Rock and sooth them til it is done.

Help me, help them Lord of All,
We stumble, trip and we fall.
Some have more some have less,
Help us, help them have the best.

We are one and one are we,
Me and you and you and me.
Battling the storm of humankind,
Where some have and some won't find.

Peace by you and mercy shall be,
Upon those people His grace we'll see.
Broken, weary, beaten and done,
Help them Father, Spirit and Son.

Give them comfort, give them sleep,
Rest now, dream now, count your sheep.
God is with us, through this storm,
This life's defeat will take new form.

Faith and hope will stand fast,
Gods love will forever last.
The angels spread their wings,
We hear their voices for they sing.

God is good and God is great,
We come together not in hate.
But in love for you and you for me,
We are one and one you'll see.

Amen!

No comments: