Friday, January 1, 2010

MEMORIES



Everyone is writing about their resolutions for 2010. I have read many of them today and yesterday and on and on..... I would like to think about my memories of 2009, or maybe not..... Hoping and praying 2010 is 100 times better. We've all been through it at one time or another, you know a year from HE_ _. I won't type the word so I can keep my blog CLEAN. We have all had those years where we think the black cloud is following us on purpose. We re-evaulate our lives trying to figure out what we could have possibly done wrong to deserve such nonsense in our lives. I have taken myself to the chapel many nights wondering this thought myself and how to make the change.

So, my memories for 2009 are a big blur because of the BIG BLACK CLOUD hanging over my head and roof. I would like to think maybe these clouds are all but, lessons in life and I got a good dose of them in one lump sum in the year 2009. I learned how to be patient and most would say that I am a very patient person anyway but, I got more of it this year. I learned there are friends where you least expect them and when I least expected them to understand they won a blue ribbon and a gold medal for helping me see through issues or how to rise above them. Thank you Friends!! I learned that life is very short and there is no time like the present, literally. I learned that taking time for ME is very important even amist all the things that was presented by this black cloud this year. I learned that by exercising daily, even when I am tired and don't have much time it is a way to clear my head and heart and to have a little peace.

I know that the word MOM is the most important word in my vocabulary. My mother and grandmothers taught me what the word MOM means. It is ever endearing, tender, loving and passionate for those whom they love. Their love never ceases and they would go to the ends of the earth to protect and nuture those that they hold dear to themselves. I think I have a full understanding of them now and understand the word in a whole new perspective in this year of 09. I have also reached a new level of motherhood myself this year.

When I try to relate some of my insignificant pain and trials of motherhood I get my bible out and try to place myself in the position that Mother Mary was in at the time Jesus' life and death. Both settings are at opposite ends of the spectrum. The joy of life and the pain of death. She endured many life changing events in her life by saying "Yes" to God and no to her own self satisfying needs. She was a mother who served her Lord and Son and us. I think about the time in which she lived and the little things that sustained her. We have so much and think we have so little. It humbles me to complain anymore but, somehow a complaint does squeak out my mouth several times a day and in doing so I realize I am probably being a pain in someone elses back side and they are trying to humble themselves because of what I dish out to them.

As I read scripture I try to find hope to transform my life. As I fall each day I know my Father will reach down and pull me up and teach me humility, if I let him. I fall and rise again with Him over and over, day in and day out. That is Life.

It is in life that we have memories, lessons, and new resolutions in trying to better ourselves in serving our Lord, our families and in making peace with which lies in the past, present and accepting the future, the future of 2010.

And the one most important memory and lesson of 2009 which I hold dear to me is........I will NEVER say NEVER again.

NEVER!

No comments: