Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dedication




Yesterday I was at work and I started thinking about my Aunt Pat who recently had a brain anurism. She was recovering very nicely and her family kept a beautiful blog updating everything that was happening in her recovery. There was a guestbook that you could sign and see everyone's entries. It was beautiful how she impacted so many peoples life. Once I found out about the blog I read it daily. I had an urgency yesterday at noon to pray for my aunt and I did and I signed her guestbook, however two hours prior to my journal entry she took a turn for the worse and died.

This page of my blog is dedicated to my Aunt Pat.

It has been awhile since I have been to a family reunion. My mothers family is huge, several handfuls of brothers and sisters and hundreds of cousins and more cousins. Living a distance from the "home base" has its' huge disadvantages. For instance, my children never got to meet this beautiful woman, my mothers' sister. As an adult I never got to share with her as a woman to woman.

It's funny how when people are not in your daily life sometimes the feeling of their existence fades away. It takes work for friends and families to stay connected. It takes effort and committment for both parties to continue to share with one another.

I do have fond memories of her though as a child. Childhood memories always stay with you especially if they are good. I remember her big smile and how she always made an effort to talk to me amongst all those family members. What I especially remember is how she looked so much like my mother. They had the same disposition in life. They did for their families and for other people. Her beautiful family is a testimony to her character.

I'm sad for my mother and for her husband and her children and grandchildren. I'm sad for all her sisters and brothers. I'm sad because this world lost a beautiful lady, my Aunt Pat.

Life is so fragile. I always tell my children never to go to bed mad or go to school without telling the most important people in your life that you love them. You never know when you will see them again.

Death can be beautiful too. It's beauty is knowing that Aunt Pat was a loving Christian woman who finally gets to meet God. She is being raised to new life with Christ. All of God's hard work by transforming my Aunt Pat to be his servant and Aunt Pat allowing him to work through her gained her a spot in heaven.

John 11:25 Jesus told her,"I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again. "

Tulips are my favorite flower and purple is my favorite color. These flowers are for you Aunt Pat. I Love You.

No comments: