Saturday, April 3, 2010

Countdown..... EASTER


LOOK at them eggs! My children loved their eggs that they colored. I was kinda hoping there would be a pretty purple one in the bunch. That is my favorite color, purple. Maybe one purple egg just for me??? Pretty please? Please don't make me go without a purple egg this year. Hello out there....echo, echo... Did I tell you purple was my favorite color? Purple, violet, fuchsia, lavender, lilac, orchid, plum. They are in the final preparations. Preparing their hearts and spirits for starting over.



I didn't color eggs or you would see purple and lots of it. You would see hot pink too! I like their eggs. I wished I had colored eggs. I want to start over.



Today was gloomy. The sun was shining but I was gloomy. My heart was heavy for my Lord. I think it is going to be a beautiful day tomorrow. The countdown has begun. Only a little while before we begin anew. Life. A new day. A new beginning. Easter.



Its' hard not to notice all the new blossoms on God's earth. Flowers blooming and the trees and grass are all vividly green. The moles are digging their lumpy trails in my yard and the birds are chirping a new song this time of the year and digging for worms. The squirrels are racing up and down the bark, chewing the last few pine cones and making a mess on my driveway. The bunnies will be out in the morning hiding eggs and the girls will be all spruced up in their shiny shoes and dresses and the boys will be sporting new hair cuts and dress pants only to be grass stained in a matter of an egg hunting moment. I see faces smudged with chocolate, hands colored from melted jelly beans and kites flying, parents laughing and food galore. A celebration.



He loves us immensely! We are His children. I am His child this day hoping to find that beautiful egg lying in the green grass too. I am His child taking care of His other children. He graced me with life. I want to celebrate. I thirst to see color of a new day and to feel the joy of the colors. I want Him to understand how much I love Him and how much I want to please Him. He is my Father, my Heavenly Father. I want others to understand how much He loves us



.
We are going to have a party for Him. We are going to celebrate. We are going to celebrate life. To forget about yesterday and begin again. We are going to take a deep breath of life and relax in his arms this Holy Day of our Lord.



A moment of silence. He is risen.
He has come to give us life. He loves us. Let the party begin. I close my eyes and I see color, the color of the eggs. I see gathering of families big and small. Laughter, no more tears. The chimes of the church and the taste of the bread of life are in the forefront of my mind.



John 6:33 "For the bread that God gives is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." John 6:35 "I am the bread of life, those who come to me will never be hungry; those who believe in me will never be thirsty."



Happy Easter!

No comments: