Saturday, March 27, 2010

Murky Water

I swam in murky water last night. The pollen was falling faster than the pool could circulate. It was green with debris at the bottom. This is not normal for the pool to be green but probably consistent for this time of year.
I had two options, 1) to swim outdoors in murky waters when the sun was shining and the outdoor temperature was just right or 2) swim indoors with crystal clear water joined by my two girls. I chose the outdoor pool.
My focus was not on green water but on the blue sky's that were directly above me. I was thinking 'fresh air' after being confined indoors all day. I was thinking 'who would want to swim indoors? Certainly not me!"
My initial lap was murky, nothing less than murky and I'm not sure why I thought it would be anything but murky. I kept trying to focus on all the positive items on my list. The second lap was worse. The cool water and warm air combination fogged up my goggles. Any attempt to clear the lenses of pollen and fog proved unsuccessful.
Next option; 1)swim blindly or 2)move to the indoor pool. I chose to swim blindly.
It was real blurry, disgustingly blurry and distasteful when the water swished into my mouth. My mind was wandering what kind of sickness I was going to get from this little exercise adventure. It was irritating to be quite honest. I continued to try to be positive and make the most of it and I was finding myself second guessing my intent to be outdoors.
FYI: I was not a lone duck in the pool. Many other ducks were probably thinking the same thoughts, I'm sure. We are a rare breed. Think about it; what human would swim in cold water in the winter months, murky water for that matter to subject themselves to this kind of nonsense. Quack Quack!
As I was trying to reach beyond the murkiness I started to see clearly that I allow the murkiness of my life to overshadow my clear water. Make sense? I allow the negative events in my life to overshadow the many blessings I have received. We all do it at some point in our lives. Some do it more than others. Some constantly live by being negative. We never allow ourselves to be graced by joy.
My daughter got in a car wreck yesterday. She is bumped and bruised and upset. She is okay! Thanks be to our heavenly Father. We now have 4 almost 5 drivers and two cars now. Cars and insurance are expensive. We will have 2 cars for awhile. It will be very hard accommodating all of our schedules, it will be difficult. We will do it. My daughter thinks God has not been accommodating. She thinks we struggle too much. I told her he accommodated her when he saved her from injury from the car accident. She needs to thank God for this blessing.
It is hard to see God when we are blinded by murky waters, but it is easy to swim through murky waters when God is at your side and we are constantly praising and thanking Him.
Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything...If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. 12-13 "....In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need. I have the strength for everything through Him who empowers me."
Swim anyone.....Quack, Quack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touche!
Those were much needed words of encouragement. Let go and let God right??! Tough stuff....But its much easier to breath when you do. You are inspiring ;-) Kudos for your optimism, calmness & confidence in God!!!! Keep it up....please...we all need it! But the water will clear up sooner of later -it always does.