Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Transformation

Valentines

St. Patrick's

Easter

Seasons of the year (winter, spring, summer and fall)  seasons of the Catholic Liturgical calendar, Holidays and Birthdays are many reasons for my family to come together to celebrate and decorate our dining room table.  All of us share in the creation of our table which, essentially inspires us to gather and share a meal. The decoration of our table has been a tradition for over 30 years.   If this table could talk, it would speak about love, forgiveness, encouragement, discipline, possibly bad manners, forgiveness again, and how beautiful the table felt being so adorned. This table would laugh a many laughs and weep many tears. But all in all, this table has transformed us as a family.

Over the course of many a meals, I have seen the transformation of each of my children, my husband and myself.  I used to assist in feeding my children, to cutting their meat and watching them feed themselves, to reminding them of their manners as teens, to observing my adult child feed her own child. There have been arguments and mutual agreements among all family members, and as I reflect on the transformation over the years, I have been blessed to have such a family. I embrace this table more than ever now, as my children are all almost grown, and embracing their guests that they bring to our table and watch as they introduce them to our tradition.  

The metamorphosis of our physical, mental and spiritual growth is something that God seeks for us all, as we grow from children to adults . He wants us to alter our way of thinking from 'me' to 'us' to HIM'. It is in thinking and responding to Him that we can again think about 'us' and 'me' in a new transformed way.  

When Jesus gave his life for us he thought only about us.  He loved us enough to give His life for us.  
If we are so inclined to see the beauty of Jesus' life, we will see the beauty in each other and live to want what Jesus wants for us, which is to be transformed to love one another in its' entirety and perfection of God's will.  And as we grow and are transformed spiritually, this is most pleasing to God. 

Romans 12: 1-2
SACRIFICE OF BODY AND MIND "I urge you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship.  Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect. " 

We have reason to celebrate as the month of April is almost here, as will be Easter day.  It will be a day for transformation and perfection. 

No comments: