Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hallelujah

Two weeks ago I sang praises of Hallelujah to my God. 

I broke bread with my daughter for the first time in nine months.

My daughter walked away from our family and God nine months ago.

My daughter left no forwarding address.

My daughter has been dancing blind folded with the devil.

My daughter can't see his evil ways.  The devil is good, very good at disguising his evil ways.

My heart aches for my daughter.  I looked into her eyes the morning we broke bread and I cried.  No tissue could wipe away all of the tears that fell that morning.  Tears of joy and pain.  The pain is raw, indescribable.

My heart is vulnerable, constantly reminiscing of our times together, hopeful wishing that again our hearts will be reunited, as well as our family.

My heart aches because she walked away for God and is dancing with all of the earthly temptations.

My heart feels betrayal.  Betrayal from her and from the company in which she keeps. 

My heart sang hymns of hallelujah for God's blessing that joyous day.  I looked into her eyes and saw my little girl.  She has beautiful  eyes.  I melt when I look into her eyes. All the pain goes away for that moment when I see her eyes.  She allowed me to see her eyes.  For this I am thankful.

In all of my unworthiness, God gave me the gift to see my daughter again.

I do not know when I will see her again. 

I will sing continuous praises of hallelujah to my God for this day.  God gave me hope.

This day will be a new memory and blessing that God has given me.

Each day I pray she will be in the arms of God.  I am hopeful that she will walk with Him again, hand in hand.  He will open his arms to her and she will fall into them and we will all sing praises of hallelujah to God this up and coming day.

Each day I pray she will cleanse herself of sin and bathe in the waters of her baptism with God and her church. 

Praise God in his holy sanctuary;
     give praise in the mighty dome of heaven.
Give praise for his might deeds,
     praise him for his great majesty.
Give praise with blasts upon the horn,
     praise him with harp and lyre.
Give praise with tambourines and dance,
     praise him with flutes and strings.
Give praise with crashing cymbals,
     praise him with sounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath
     give praise to the Lord!
            HALLELUJAH!
                  Psalm 150 1-6


I pray that my daughter's actions will be transformed
into to a graceful butterfly.
I pray she will soar with simplicity, grace and peace.
I pray for her transformation and a rebirth in Christ.
I pray as she takes flight, that her flight will bring her home
with her family and with her God.  Amen.

No comments: